Nurse Practitioner- Endocrinology - Mahoning Valley
Akron Children's Hospital - Physician Recruitment
Location: Boardman, Ohio
Internal Number: 9000
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org .
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Summary: Provides primary and/or specialty nursing and/or medical care in a variety of healthcare settings. Functions in collaboration with a physician according to a standard care arrangement and specialty board certification. Operates in accordance with Section 4723.431 of the Ohio Revised Code and rule adopted by the Board of Nursing for Advanced Practice Nurses, the national board certifying agency, and maintains a Standard Care Arrangement with a collaborating physician(s) on the medical staff. Performs health assessments and physical exams Identifies significant health and medical risk factors. Orders, interprets and evaluates tests and studies to assess clinical problems and health care needs. Develops a diagnosis by analyzing and synthesizing collected data. Independently and in collaboration with the physician, develops treatment plans along with the patient and significant others. Performs diagnostic or therapeutic interventions consistent with board certification, state law and organizational medical staff privileges. May prescribe and monitor medications as allowed by prescriptive authority through Ohio Board of Nursing and hospital policy. Develops patient education plan. Participates in medical team rounds collaborates with nursing, medical and other healthcare team members regularly to ensure quality patient care. Performs admission history & physical, document progress notes, complete discharge summaries as required. Provides consultations and requests consults as directed and in accordance with hospital bylaws. Assists with and facilitates discharge planning. May serve as resource for staff/residents and clinical preceptor for APN students. Other duties as assigned.
1. Provides advanced nursing care to patients with complex acute, critical, and chronic health conditions, including the delivery of acute care services.
2. Practice with a variety of specialty-based populations including neonatal, pediatric, and adult
3. Practices in any setting in which patients require complex monitoring and therapies, high intensity nursing intervention, or continuous nursing vigilance within the range of high-acuity care
4. Participates in quality monitoring through the review of records and treatment plans for patient outcomes on a bi-annual basis to assure quality care and per ORC requirements
5. This review is completed via the Focused Professional Performance Evaluation (FPPE) and Ongoing Professional Performance Evaluation (OPPE) for Advanced Practice Providers as part of Joint Commission requirements
6. Practice emphasizes health promotion, disease prevention and the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic health problems
7. Participates in quality monitoring through the review of records and treatment plans for patient outcomes on a bi-annual basis to assure quality care and per ORC requirements
8. This review is completed via the Focused Professional Performance Evaluation (FPPE) and Ongoing Professional Performance Evaluation (OPPE) for Advanced Practice Providers as part of Joint Commission requirement
Other information: Technical Expertise 1. Excellent critical thinking, self-motivation and interpersonal communication skills essential.
2. Must be proficient in word processing, spreadsheet and database use, and other computer software programs for data analysis, and presentations
Education and Experience Master's or Doctoral Degree in Nursing preferred
Licensed as an RN in State of Ohio, National Certification as a nurse practitioner by nationally accredited organization
Must have current certificate of authority and certificate to prescribe (or eligible) by Ohio Board of Nursing. ACLS or PALS may be required based upon practice setting
Must obtain credentialing as an active member of medical staff and appropriate medical staff privileges
Current Health Care Provider BLS training is required
Individuals hired without an MSN or DNP and those hired without a certificate to prescribe must actively pursue and obtain a MSN or DNP degree/certificate to prescribe
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: