LPN ACHP - New rates of pay & $2,000 sign on bonus available!
Akron Children's Hospital
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Internal Number: 8149
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
40 hours weekly
New rates of pay & $2,000 sign on bonus available!
Summary: The Licensed Practical Nurse with Medication Designation License assists in assessing, planning, and delivering nursing care for a group of patients under the delegation of a Registered Nurse. Assists in patient/family education as well as teaching staff members within her own capabilities and under the direction of a Registered Nurse. Provides to individuals and groups nursing care requiring the application of basic knowledge of the biological, physical, behavioral, social, and nursing sciences at the direction of a licensed physician, dentist, podiatrist, chiropractor, or registered nurse.
1. Performs assessment duties.
2. Performs planning duties.
3. Performs nursing care delivery duties.
4. Participates in educational efforts of the department and unit.
5. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psychosocial, educational, and safety needs of the patients served regardless of age and developmental status.
6. Other duties as required.
Other information: Technical Expertise 1. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
2. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
3. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience 1. Education: Graduate from an accredited school of practical nursing is required.
2. Certification: Licensed Practical Nurse with Medication/IV Designation licensure is required or eligible for certification. * Current Health Care Provider BLS training from the American Heart Association is required. * If assigned to general care units, PEARS is required. * If assigned to critical care units, PALS, ACLS, TNCC, and/or NRP is required. * If assigned to ED, Surgical Services, Sedation Services, Transitional Care/Epilepsy Monitoring Unit, and Transport, within 1 year of date of hire PALS, ACLS, TNCC, and/or NRP is required.
3. Years of relevant experience: 0 to 2 years is required.
4. Years of experience supervising: None
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: