Mental Health Technician - Behavioral Health - Nights
Akron Children's Hospital
Location: Akron, Ohio
Internal Number: 7032
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org .
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Full Time - 72 hours - Nights - 1930-0700
Summary: The Mental Health Technician, under the direction and delegation of a registered nurse, supports and assists in the care and treatment of children and adolescents, age 5-17, admitted to the inpatient behavioral health unit.
Responsibilities: 1. Collects data and contributes to the assessment, planning, intervening and evaluation of individualized care and plan of care for assigned patients.
2. Provides direct care to patients according to Hospital policy and procedure as delegated, and as a team, with licensed RNs.
3. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psychological, social, educational, and safety needs of the patients served regardless of age.
4. Other duties as required:
Other information: Technical Expertise 1. Experience working with multidisciplinary teams.
2. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
3. Proficiency in computerized documentation is preferred.
Education and Experience 1. Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required Current enrollment in an undergraduate degree for counseling, psychology, social work or related degree, or nursing required. Bachelor's degree is preferred.
2. Certification: BLS certification through the American Heart Association is required.
3. Work with children and/or adolescents
4. Experience with Trauma Informed Care and caring for patients with behavioral and/or aggressive outbursts.
5. Years of relevant experience: 0 to 2 years is preferred.
6. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: