Medical Technologist Centralized Core Lab - New Rates of Pay!
Akron Children's Hospital
Location: Akron, Ohio
Internal Number: 7441
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org .
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Full Time, Days, 8am to 4:30pm with including evening weekend and holiday rotation
New Rates of Pay!
Sign-On Bonus Available!
Summary: The Medical Technologist performs laboratory tests to aid in diagnosis and treatment of disease. Assists in the collection, processing, and analysis of test ordered by a physician. Medical Technologists can recognize interdependency of tests and have knowledge of physiological conditions affecting test results which are used by the physician to determine the presence, extent and possible the cause of disease.
Responsibilities: 1. Utilizes independent judgment in performing both routine and complex laboratory tests using a variety of techniques, instrumentation, and equipment in order to assist the physician in the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
2. Exercises professional judgment in order to prioritize and evaluate varying test requests efficiently.
3. Follow procedures for collecting and processing Biological specimens.
4. Performs analytical testing procedures with accuracy and precision.
5. Demonstrates scientific knowledge of testing principles, analytic procedures, and their results allowing for appropriate interpretation in conjunction with disease and physiology. Integrates multiple data to resolve problems.
6. Implements and monitors quality control, new equipment, and/or methods.
7. Performs tasks efficiently and maintains work area.
8. Participates in education efforts of the department.
9. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psych/ social, educational, and safety needs of the patients served regardless of age.
10. Other duties as required.
Technical Expertise 1. Prior work experience in a clinical laboratory setting including recent experience in multiple laboratory disciplines is preferred.
2. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
3. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
4. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience 1. Education: Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or other science, with successful completion of an internship in Medical Technology or equivalent experience in a laboratory as deemed appropriate by ASCP and CLIA criteria required
2. Certification: Certification or eligibility for certification by ASCP at the Technologist level or grandfather at the Technologist level prior to 2004 is required. Certification obtained within 12 months from the start date in the position is required.
3. Years of relevant experience: 2 or more years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: