Position Summary: We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Sr Prog Coord-Athletic Trainer.
In this role, the successful candidate Coordinates various services as it relates to the Concussion Center and Sports Health clinical educational programs. Act as liaison between schools/universities/colleges and other community partners and the Concussion Center and Sports Health. Collaborates on projects with internal and external educational, clinical committees and advisory groups, and research related to Concussion Center and Sports Health missions. Responsible for educational content and educational program development. Assist with continuing medical education courses in compliance with ACCME and other accrediting bodies. Under the direction of the Department Directors, responsible for program development, contract negotiations, and overall compliance. Work with Director of Strategic Initiatives in oversite of athletic trainers (ATs) contracted with local school/sports organization.
1. Demonstrate knowledge of the organizationâ¿s Service Standards and incorporate them into the performance of duties.
2. Responsible for developing, implementing, and evaluating educational programs and community outreach education and prevention initiatives in alignment with the Departmentsâ¿ strategic plans and the Institutionâ¿s mission.
3. Act as liaison with NYULH CME office for continued CME accreditation; with online platform vendor; and with all customer inquiries. Work with the director to maintain BOC accreditation. Responsible for creating new content development, verification, and accreditation.
4. Liaison between schools, universities, colleges, sports leagues and athletic organizations. Work with director, program manager, and other appropriate team members on maintaining existing relationships and developing new relationships.
5. Educates physicians and clinicians, providing the right tools to support patient education on injury management including activity restriction, all therapies, home care program, and return to sport activities. Assesses need, and educates treating team on recommended plans of care. Maintain appropriate documentation for compliance and statistical tracking. Work with physical therapists on active rehabilitation program.
6. In collaboration with the research program manager, support maintenance of the concussion database, including data collection through chart reviews and data analysis. Support development and implementation of new research projects. Recruits and schedules patient visits for specific projects; conduct interviews to screen prospective research subjects. Perform literature searches and reviews as applicable. Participate in and support Sports Health research as appropriate.
7. Work with Director of Strategic Initiatives in oversite of Athletic Trainer, including orientation, site visits, mentorship, and compliance.
a. Develop and modify event coverage schedule as needed (including event coverage by â¿Senior Program Coordinator ATâ¿)
b. Maintain standing orders with supervising physician
c. Policy development as needed (concussion, emergency, environment, injury management, etc.)
d. Assist with ordering and maintaining supplies
e. Assist with coordinating athletes and school/organization community education on injury prevention and management strategies
f. Assist with scheduling appointments as needed, including referring to Concussion Center Program Manager or Sports Health team
g. Ensure compliance with BOC Practice Standards, NATA Code of Ethics, and state and institutional regulations.
h. Perform site visits and competency skill evaluations
8. Assist with departmental administrative work as needed.
9. Perform other duties as needed including acting as an athletic trainer for event and school coverage.
10. Other responsibilities as needed.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Athletic Training from an Accredited Athletic Training Program (CAATE) or related field and five years of work related experience.
Required Licenses: Certification through the Athletic Training Board of Certification (BOC) Required. CPR and AED Certification Required.
Preferred Qualifications: Masters degree from a program in athletic training or related field.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online. If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
NYU Langone —a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center—is one of the nation’s premier destinations for excellence in patient care, biomedical research, and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of Tisch Hospital, our acute care facility; the NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital, a dedicated inpatient orthopedic hospital; Hassenfeld Children's Hospital at NYU Langone, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children’s health services; Rusk Rehabilitation, the #1 rehab program in New York since U.S. News & World Report began its hospital rankings in 1989; and a growing ambulatory care network with locations throughout Manhattan, the outer boroughs, and the tri-state area, bringing services directly to where its patients live and work. An integral part of NYU Langone, NYU Grossman School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless pe...ople since 1841.With more than 75 divisions of specialty care including comprehensive inpatient and outpatient programs for every stage of life, a multifaceted Research and Academic Center and the NYU Long Island School of Medicine focused on primary care. NYU Langone Hospital—Long Island joined NYU Langone Health as of August 2019. NYU Langone's tri-fold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved 365 days a year.