Location Address:3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
Full Time Days 40 Hours Per Week. 30 Minute Call Required. M-F 10p-6:30a
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assists with receiving and restocking incoming supplies and ensures items are stored in the proper unit of issue in assigned locations for all areas under the Surgical Services umbrella.
· Scan and fill inventory for all Surgical Services Department locations
· Responsible for inventory control in MOR, One Day, Women’s Center, Endo, Pre/post Op
· Communicates location and supply level suggestions/changes and problems to Case Cart Manager or Supervisor on a regular basis.
· Pick Surgical cases sterile supplies for upcoming cases and add on’s from Surgeon Preference cards.
· Independently deliver stock to all the following departments: MOR, One Day, CVOR, Women’s Center, Endo, Pre/Post Op areas
· Actively participates in reduction of expiring supplies/implants by proper rotation of supplies
· Deliver supplies to OR Surgical suites while maintaining the sterile field
· Review the schedule-check for cancellations, add-ons, and preference list changes
· Yearend inventory counts for all Surgical Department supply locations
· Work in specialty specific service lines to fully support those services by knowing all clinical products and helping with sub options when necessary to support OR staff and Surgeons.
· Actively communicate back orders with OR staff and Surgeons
· Handles all FedEx deliveries and transfers
· Key team member in assuring Anesthesia has supplies for Surgical Patients and Anesthesiologists.
· Active member in corporate conversions and or cost savings opportunities within Surgical Services
· Basic computer skills needed to print preference cards, and load appropriate supplies into the Track Core system.
· Assures that all frozen implants are handled by IFU recommendations for patient safety.
· Pick Surgical instrumentation from Preference cards and combine with sterile supplies into a closed case cart system for all Surgical procedures.
· Maintains all tissue tracking of bone and tissue products in the Track Core system
· Case Cart Tech II’s role adds the ability and skill to be a team lead
· II’s are requestors for all Surgical Services and are assigned to specialty implant ordering, bill only and consignment ordering for departments.
· Capital and or minor equipment orders as deemed necessary by Manager.
· Work with Coordinators to assure preference cards are up to date.
· Any other duties deemed necessary by Case Cart Manager or Supervisor
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Experience sufficient to successfully perform the assigned duties and responsibilities of the position and provide demonstrated actions of the job responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High School graduate or equivalent is required.
· One or more years’ experience in Surgical Services Supply Chain environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Surgical Tech graduate recommended
· Graduate of recognized Surgical Technologist Program, or other training which provides education in medical terminology, supply nomenclature, and usage, and inventory management recommended.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable forconsistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
KEEP ME SAFE
I make safety my number one priority.
I protect privacy and confidentiality.
I keep my environment clean.
I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly.
I treat others with uncommon compassion.
I nurture whole-person care through CREATION Health.
I treat others with fairness and respect.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
MAKE IT EASY
I help guests to their destination.
I speak highly of others to provide connected care.
I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses.
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
I am positive and aim to exceed all expectations.
I follow through on commitments.
I use discretion with personal devices.
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
· Knowledge of Case Cart layout
· Ability to troubleshoot back orders
· Knowledge of Case Cart supplies and what procedures they are used in
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of AdventHealth and its facilities
The Case Cart Technician utilizes surgical expertise problem solving functions, and to perform specific tasks or routines that are supportive to patient care and expedites OR efficiency for all surgical areas. Responsible for directing case cart and equipment support activities as assigned by the Surgical Services Manager
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.