Location Address: 7840 W 165th St, Overland Park, KS
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
Employee Referral Program
Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
You Will Be Responsible For:
Nutrition Assessment & Reassessment
· Initiates and monitors nutrition assessments/reassessments per Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) and regulatory standards.
· Assessment criteria include achievable/measureable goals and plan of care.
· Prioritizes patients at nutrition risk for timely management.
· Reassesses patients throughout their hospitalization according to MNT Standards.
· Documentation is complete and consistent with MNT standards of care, including response to treatment.
· Demonstrates understanding of therapeutic diets, meal planning, processing patient menus and options for additional items available to patients.
· Uses standards appropriate to age and clinical condition/diagnosis.
· Selects items/products appropriate to patient age, condition, nutrient needs and route of delivery.
· Evaluates patient response to diet served and communicates problems or ideas to appropriate Food Service personnel.
· Demonstrates understanding of cultural, ethnic, religious, socioeconomic, and psychological factors/barriers that impact patient/client’s nutrition and motivation to change.
· Uses educational and behavioral objectives and provides appropriate educational material/information.
· Counseling documentation indicates teaching effectiveness, understanding and expected compliance.
· Communicates with referral source if appropriate.
· Uses standards/interventions/goals and plan of care appropriate to age and Clinical condition/diagnosis.
· Calculates calories, protein, and fat provided in parenteral/enteral solutions (includes applicable medications).
· Selects products appropriate to patient age, condition, nutrient needs and route of delivery.
· Assessment/reassessment documentation includes current rate, what it provides, response to treatment and achievable/measurable goals.
· Maintains accurate records of work activities (stats/logs) and submits required reports on time.
· Demonstrates understanding of where to find necessary information in medical record, computer, and paperwork.
· Maintains organized paperwork.
· Follows approved abbreviations, avoiding those on the Do Not Use List per The Joint Commission.
· Demonstrates safe and effective use of computers and printer.
· Understands and utilizes “managing up”
· Understands and utilizes AIDET in patient interactions
· Utilizes LAST in service recovery situations
· Assumes additional responsibilities to support team efforts when necessary
· Demonstrates care and courtesy at all times
· Exhibits good judgment and time management skills to accomplish daily tasks
· Demonstrates a customer-centered approach in problem solving and decision making
· Understands and adheres to all HIPPAA regulations
· Offers ideas and feedback to enhance function of team
· Exhibits professional manner through grooming, dress, language, and non-verbal behavior
What You Will Need:
Â· Bachelorâ™s Degree
Â· 1 to 2 Years of Position-Related Experience
Includes experience as a clinical dietitian in an acute care health setting
Kansas Licensed Dietitian
Shawnee Mission Health will be a regional beacon of wellness, hope and healing attracting customers seeking unsurpassed clinical quality and compassionate care for the whole person, following the example of Christâ™s healing ministry
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.