Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
Spectacular springs throughout the county
Full Time Days 40 hours per week.
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Checks supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedure
· Scrubs, gowns, and gloves
· Sets up sterile table with instruments, supplies, equipment, and
· medications/solutions needed for procedure’ displays knowledge of procedure and patient positioning
· Performs appropriate counts with circulator prior to the operation and before incision is closed
· Gowns and gloves surgeon and assistants
· Helps in draping sterile field
· Passes instruments, etc., to surgeon during procedure
· Maintains highest standard of sterile technique during procedure
· Prepares sterile dressings
· Cleans and prepares instruments for terminal sterilization
· Assists other members of team with terminal cleaning of room
· Assists in prepping room for the next patient
· Works with RN and team members to provide safe patient care
· Handles surgical specimens with 100% accuracy
· Recognizes/ responds immediately to emergency situations appropriately
· Displays awareness of and participates in cost effective behaviors endorsed by the organization
· Performs duties in a timely manner, communicates all updates/ delays to team members/ team leader
· Communicates supply problems appropriately, restocking supplies for the unit as needed
· Readily accepts assignment or changes in assignment, maintains a positive attitude if asked to float to another room/ unit
· Willingness to change schedule to meet unit staffing needs
· Demonstrates competencies as defined by individual unit
· Increases clinical knowledge/ skills independently, working with unfamiliar procedures/ surgeons to expand/ develop new skills
· Takes responsibility for decisions, actions and results, delivers on commitments
· Performs other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Â· Interpersonal Skills
Â· Completion of validation skills
Â· Knowledge of sterile technique, instrumentation, equipment, and sterile field set-up
Â· Knowledge of sterilization techniques
Â· Must be able to read, write and speak conversational English
Â· Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
Â· Organization, promoting, and conducting relative In-services on unit
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Â· High School Graduate/ GED
Â· Successful Completion of accredited Surgical Technology program
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
Â· AS in Surgical Technology
Â· Three yearsâ™ experience as a CST
Â· Conducts four in-services per calendar year
Â· Takes turn at role of CST Representative in unit shared governance
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
Â· Certified Surgical Technician
Â· Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable for consistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
KEEP ME SAFE
I make safety my number one priority.
I protect privacy and confidentiality.
I keep my environment clean.
I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly.
I treat others with uncommon compassion.
I nurture whole-person care through CREATION Health.
I treat others with fairness and respect.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
MAKE IT EASY
I help guests to their destination.
I speak highly of others to provide connected care.
I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses.
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
I am positive and aim to exceed all expectations.
I follow through on commitments.
I use discretion with personal devices.
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
Â· Code of Conduct as outlined in the âœGuidelines for Employeesâ handbook
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
Â· Conducts themselves in a calm and collected manner at all times
Â· Takes responsibility for decisions, actions and results, and delivers on commitments
Â· Cooperates and collaborates with team members and others
Â· Complies with the Corporate Institutional Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines
Â· Demonstrates compliance with all federal, state and local laws; rules and government
Â· Demonstrates effective communication skills with all team members, patients/customers and families
The Surgical Technologist II is a member of the health care team who performs technical support in the perioperative period under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse according to the accepted clinical standards of care.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.