· Complies with departmental, divisional and hospital policies and standards.
· Demonstrates awareness of the rising costs of healthcare and implements budgetary containment measures.
· Maintains equipment in its proper working condition; identifies malfunctioning equipment and takes appropriate action.
· Seeks and accepts constructive criticism and implements actions designed for self-improvement.
· Assists in the organization and operations of the unit via guidelines, policy, and procedures.
· Performs ordered 12-lead electrocardiogram as directed by RN (Emergency Department only)
6. May participate as a member of the Patient Care Delivery team that includes: Virtual Care RN, bedside RN & LPN.
7. Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Mature judgment and the ability to handle confidential information within AdventHealth guidelines and applicable regulations.
· Personal qualities such as kindness, compassion, understanding, integrity, respect, sense of humor, discretion and confidentiality.
· Ability to communicate verbally in English and in written form with persons of varied backgrounds in a respectful, effective, and professional manner.
· Ability to learn and apply computer related applications and programs, including using electronic keyboards and other peripheral devices.
· Critical thinking / problem solving skills
· Teamwork, tact, and conflict resolution
· Organizational, multitasking and prioritization skills
· Performs accurate documentation within the electronic medical record
· Basic computer skills
· Customer service skills
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High school diploma or certificate of completion Nursing Assistant Program
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Medical terminology
· Previous CNA Experience
· Previous CPI training
· Previous 12 lead EKG experience (Emergency Department only)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Florida (Multi-State) C.N.A. License
· BLS -condition of employment
· CPI within 6 months of employment (Emergency Department only)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable forconsistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
KEEP ME SAFE
I make safety my number one priority.
I protect privacy and confidentiality.
I keep my environment clean.
I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly.
I treat others with uncommon compassion.
I nurture whole-person care through CREATION Health.
I treat others with fairness and respect.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
MAKE IT EASY
I help guests to their destination.
I speak highly of others to provide connected care.
I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses.
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
I am positive and aim to exceed all expectations.
I follow through on commitments.
I use discretion with personal devices.
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of AdventHealth and its facilities.
The Certified Nursing Assistant, under the supervision of the LPN and/or RN, provides physical care as part of the multidisciplinary team, in accordance with the Hospital mission, physician and patient expectations.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.