Location Address:2600 Bruce B. Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel, Florida 33544
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
From state- of- the- art equipment to the most intricate building details, AdventHealth Wesley Chapel was designed from the ground up to maximize healing, patient care and wellness
Recognized as leader in patient satisfaction and was named Top 100 Hospital in Modern Healthcare Magazine by IBM Watson Health
50,000 sq ft community Health & Wellness Center
Comprehensive women’s health center named Inspiration Place that incorporates female physician specialists, women’s imaging, pelvic floor and female physical therapy and a boutique spa.
Consistently named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay by the Tampa Bay Times
Opened an offsite 24 bed, 24/7 emergency room in Central Pasco to better serve the emergency health needs of residents in west and central Pasco
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Cleans, sterilizes, and sets up anesthesia equipment
· Assists anesthesia providers with patient assessment, monitoring, transporting, positioning, insertion of intravenous and other invasive lines, and airway management
· Maintains equipment and troubleshoots malfunctions
· Ensures necessary equipment and supply inventory remain in stock
· Assists with schedule preparations, which includes emergent and urgent surgical procedures involving anesthesia
· Provides routine and emergency services for anesthesiologists
· Under the direction of the Anesthesiologist or CRNA assists anesthesia professional staff as requested: Assists in preparation and draping of patient for invasive monitoring/ procedures by licensed anesthesia providers. Assists and anticipates needs of licensed anesthesia providers in invasive monitor insertion and procedures such as pulmonary artery catheter, central venous access, regional anesthesia, fiber optic intubation and is familiar with the ASA Difficult Airway Algorithm. Anticipates need for invasive monitoring according to daily OR schedule. Aids in preparation of patients for major invasive monitoring and/ or complex cases including but not limited to placement of BP cuff, ECG leads, Pulse Oximeter, positioning. Sets up OR for cases which may include the following: Preparation of laryngoscope and intubation equipment, IV solution and tubing set-up and set up of IV warming devices. Participates in the process for blood component verification as needed
· Makes available, assembles, and assists with operation of specialized equipment such as humidification units; fiber optic endoscopic equipment; rapid infusion devices/blood warmers; patient warming devices; neuromuscular devices; infusion pumps and syringes; balloon pump initial setups and TEE setup
· Maintains and organizes the anesthesia environment, equipment, supplies and personnel to facilitate department functions. Maintains the availability of necessary equipment in each operating room. Participates in room turnovers to ensure efficient flow of cases. Provides peri-operative technical support to the anesthesia professional staff for delivery of patient care
· Demonstrates detailed technical knowledge and troubleshooting ability for anesthesia delivery system, scavenger system, gas analyzer, EKG, pulse oximeter and any other anesthesia related equipment. Responds to and investigates all anesthesia machine alarms. Ensures preventative maintenance is completed as required. Reports malfunctioning equipment and follows through to ensure replacement
· Inventories, orders and maintains departmental supply stock consistent with departmental demand. Cognizant of where supplies are kept and can be obtain or stock them accordingly. Maintains the sterile supplies and medications within the expiration date. Ensures medications are secured always. Properly disposes of used medications. Monitors refrigerators utilized for stock of medications
· Performs other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in the health care industry
· Ability to appropriately monitor dosages and use clinical equipment
· Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with patients and their family, hospital staff, nurses, physicians, and other health care professionals
· Must be able to read, write and speak conversational English
· Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High School Education or equivalent
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· One year of Healthcare experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable forconsistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
KEEP ME SAFE
I make safety my number one priority.
I protect privacy and confidentiality.
I keep my environment clean.
I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly.
I treat others with uncommon compassion.
I nurture whole-person care through CREATION Health.
I treat others with fairness and respect.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
MAKE IT EASY
I help guests to their destination.
I speak highly of others to provide connected care.
I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses.
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
I am positive and aim to exceed all expectations.
I follow through on commitments.
I use discretion with personal devices.
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication
· Conducts themselves in a calm and collected manner at all times
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.