Good health care is key to a good life. At Banner Health, we understand that, and that's why we work hard every day to make a difference in people's lives. Do you like the idea of making a positive change in people's lives - and your own? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
As a Respiratory Therapist at Banner Thunderbird Medical Center you with an excellent team with high acuity and diverse patient population. Our Respiratory team provides care for patients requiring services ranging from oxygen therapy to advanced ventilator support. The department also performs diagnostic testing and emergency medical support including CPR. This is a full-time opportunity; day shift working 36hrs per week. This position is eligible for a flat $3hr weekend shift differential.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Nonprofit Banner Thunderbird Medical Center opened its doors in 1983 and has been growing ever since to meet the health care needs of the communities it serves in northwest metropolitan Phoenix. Today, the 555-bed hospital - one of the largest hospitals in the state - is annually ranked as one of the top hospitals in the Phoenix metropolitan area by US News & World Report and enjoys a reputation as the preferred provider of care to children and adults in the area in consumer preference surveys. The tertiary care hospital provides everything from routine to advanced, specialized care to both adult and pediatric patients. Specialized services include cardiology, orthopedic surgery, pediatrics, neurosurgery, robotic surgery, stroke care and a women and infants services program. Additionally, in partnership with top-ranked MD Anderson Cancer Center, Banner Thunderbird also offers state-of-the-art cancer care. Banner Thunderbird is certified as a Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center and features a 35-bed Level III neonatal intensive care unit that cares for babies of high-risk pregnancies and those born prematurely. Banner Thunderbird is also home to the only pediatric intensive care unit for seriously ill or injured children in the area. If you would like to contribute to truly leading edge caring, we invite you to bring your experience and skills to Banner Thunderbird.
POSITION SUMMARY This position independently provides respiratory care, pulmonary and cardiology diagnostic testing to patients in a variety of health care settings.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs all basic modalities of respiratory care as prescribed by physicians and/or licensed independent practitioners in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
2. Applies and manages mechanical ventilators in collaboration with physicians and/or licensed independent practitioners, recommending adjustments to improve clinical condition, patient comfort and to expedite the weaning process.
3. Assembles, disassembles, operates, maintains, troubleshoots, cleans and performs adjustments in the applications of durable medical equipment and circuitry used in the delivery of respiratory care as prescribed in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
4. Performs pulmonary and cardiology diagnostic testing as prescribed in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
5. Performs patient assessments and evaluates patient response to care provided, making recommendations to physicians regarding the plan of care, appropriate use of respiratory therapy and modification of therapy as clinical condition changes. Documents therapy provided in an accurate and complete manner in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
6. Communicates and collaborates with resource staff in formulating care plans, recommendations for change in therapy and identification/resolution of problems.
7. May supervise department staff.
8. Independently provides respiratory care, pulmonary and cardiology diagnostic testing to patients in a variety of health care settings. May be assigned to a variety of areas throughout the system where respiratory care is needed. Internal customers: All levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: Physicians and their office staff, payers, community agencies and regulatory agencies.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Associate or technical degree.
Proof of having passed the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT). RRT required for all new hires to the position after October 1, 2015. Incumbents in the position as of October 1, 2015 must possess their RRT by October 1, 2017. A current license in state practiced as required by state law. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required. In Home Care setting, must posses valid drivers license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.
Must be knowledgeable of clinical techniques, applications and equipment as typically obtained through one year of clinical experience. Must possess highly effective human relation skills necessary to interface with patients, families, staff and other healthcare personnel.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R7033
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.