At Banner - University Medical Group (BUMG), we're creating a world class medical organization that brings together a leadership team committed to a physician-focused structure, while navigating the challenges of moving from a volume-based to value-based health care system.
The Heart Failure Clinic at Banner University Medical Center Phoenix is rapidly growing. In this position, duties will include thorough psychosocial assessment, following up on potential concerns, supporting the psychosocial stability and identifying needs post-transplant, mental health assessment, psychosocial support assessment and planning, transportation/housing and financial issue assessment and facilitating patient and caregiver support groups. LMSW along with clinical experience is required. Transplant experience is highly preferred.
This is a full time, day shift position: M, W, Th, F typically 08-1630, T 0700-1530. Some variability may be required to meet specific program patient needs on occasion.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
University Medical Center Phoenix Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix is a nationally recognized academic medical center. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet(tm) recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Phoenix campus, long known for excellent patient care, has over 730 licensed beds, a number of unique specialty units and is the new home for medical discoveries, thanks to our collaboration with the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix. Additionally, the campus responsibilities include fully integrated multi-specialty and sub-specialty clinics, and with a new $400 million campus investment, a new patient tower and 2 new clinic buildings will be built.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is a member of the transplant team and has responsibility for coordinating the comprehensive psychosocial needs of transplant recipients, living donors and families across the transplant continuum. These efforts include psychosocial evaluations with counseling, referral, monitoring, and crisis intervention. Providing on-going follow-up and support; serving as an advocate with identification and referral to community services to pre-transplant patients, post-transplant recipients, living donors and families. Maintaining knowledge of available community resources and services. Working collaboratively with the financial counselor, inpatient social work services and other transplant multi-disciplinary team members in clinical settings, patient conferences and program meetings. The provision of these services in the United States is mandated by the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for Medicare-approved transplant centers.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Develops, maintains and completes psychosocial evaluations of transplant candidate recipients and potential living donors making certain to address and document all required elements per OPTN policy.
2. Provides support and follow-up to recommendations with identification and resolution to barriers contributing to access, adherence and financial issues.
3. Works collaboratively with the financial counselor when health benefit gaps are identified by facilitating identification and pursuit of health benefits supplemental programs for medication coverage and assistance with out-of-pocket expenses.
4. Contributes to patient treatment plans and committee discussions to facilitate patient listing and on-going compliance to maintain listed status; offering solutions with facilitation, follow-up and monitoring for psychosocial plans.
5. Maintains effective working and collaborative relationships with inpatient psychosocial resources, other inpatient clinical services and available community resources and services to facilitate development and implementation of discharge plans.
6. Attends and participates in daily inpatient Transplant Multidisciplinary team rounds, weekly transplant outpatient rounds, patient pre-transplant Selection Committee meetings, and Transplant Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) meetings.
7. Documents all interventions in the patient medical record both timely and accurately.
8. Maintains knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and other program benefits to assist patients with discharge planning and on-going management.
9. Has freedom to determine how to best accomplish functions within established procedures. Confers with supervisor on any unusual situations. Positions are facility based with no budgetary responsibility. Internal customers: All levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: Home health agencies, nursing homes, insurance providers, volunteer services, county and governmental agencies and medical supply companies.
Requires a Master's Degree in Social Work, Counseling or related field.
Requires a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) (equivalent*) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW). An equivalent license applies to states that do not recognize an LMSW; therefore, the employee must possess a Master's Degree and be a Licensed Social Worker. For assignments in an acute care setting, Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is also required.
Requires a proficiency level typically achieved with 3 years acute care hospital experience. Banner Registry and Travel positions require a minimum of one year experience in an acute care hospital setting. Experience must include working in an acute care setting within the past 12 months as a Social Worker MSW in the specialty area. Must have knowledge of government/community resources such as Medicare, Medicaid, long-term care or any other applicable resources/services. Must demonstrate critical thinking skills, problem-solving abilities, effective communication skills, human relations skills and time management skills. In acute care, must be able to work flexible hours and take rotating call after hours.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R7708
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.