Great options and great opportunities. Banner Health has both the stability that comes with success and the values you can be proud to represent. If you're looking to leverage your abilities - you belong at Banner Health.
Located just 45 minutes north of Denver, Northern Colorado offers trendy restaurants, a thriving retail sector, and endless cultural amenities. Between wildflower-filled meadows and spectacular views of the Rocky Mountains, you will find adventures by horse, mountain bike and boat plus, endless hiking trails and world class skiing.
Banner Home Care is looking for an Occupational Therapy Assistant to join their team! In this role, you will be a full time employee working Monday - Friday from 8am to 5:00pm. You will be responsible for providing exceptional in home patient care with the benefit of not having to work weekends, holidays, on call or nights! If you love providing the best care possible to our home care patients, this job is perfect for you - apply today!
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Banner Home Care provides high-quality, compassionate team of professionals who are specially trained in a variety of fields. The care we provide focuses on assisting patients to achieve an optimum level of health and enhancing the quality of life in the home setting for patients. Our home care services are based on a physician's plan of treatment and designed to manage total care. We also educate patients and families to promote an understanding of the disease process, its prevention and treatment.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for the administration of occupational therapy treatment under the supervision of the Occupational Therapist, in accordance with physician referral, state and local organizational standards, regulatory agencies, and established departmental policies and procedures. This position demonstrates the clinical competence and knowledge necessary to provide treatment appropriate to the age of the patients served.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Administers occupational therapy treatment according to the plan of care established by the Occupational Therapist. Implements individualized treatment plan with consideration to the patient's physical, social, spiritual, cultural, educational and age specific needs. Provides skilled treatment in a safe manner. Monitors ongoing effectiveness of treatment and collaborates with Occupational Therapist in modifying the plan of care when indicated. Identifies and prioritizes key limiting factors. Participates in discharge planning. Involves patient and family/caregiver in the treatment and decision making process. Provides ongoing education to physician, nurse, patient, family/caregiver, and interdisciplinary team.
2. Demonstrates understanding of scope of practice. Documents communication with supervising Occupational Therapist. Communicates any significant change in the patient's physical function, behavior, and/or tolerance to treatment to the supervising Occupational Therapist. Makes recommendations to Occupational Therapist on additions to or modifications of referring orders. Appropriately collaborates with the Occupational Therapist to modify/update treatment goals so they are functional, measurable, patient related and reflect key limiting factors. Refers patient when treatment requires skills of Occupational Therapist
3. Documents according to standards set by the department and regulatory agencies. Documents legibly. Completes documentation within the established time frames of the department. Documents innovative and individualized treatment techniques/plan. Documentation reflects comprehensive assessment of patient's progress or lack of progress
4. Communicates pertinent patient information to ensure the best possible follow through of care. Communicates treatment results and patient progress to physicians, nurses, patient, family/caregiver and the interdisciplinary team. Communicates in a clear and timely manner. Defends treatment rationale with standard practices and/or current literature.
5. Exhibits adaptability in assignments as it relates to caseload, scheduling, and staffing shifts. Takes initiative to assist in other patient care areas and accepts responsibility for all patient care needs
6. Demonstrates appropriate supervision and delegation of personnel to achieve safe delivery of quality cost effective patient care. Supervision and delegation of the Therapy Technician and COTA student complies with department policies and regulatory agencies. Participates in the training and orientation of new personnel. Assures competency of personnel, prior to delegation of task.
7. Department operational Activities. Follow up to obtain pertinent information. Participates in department/facility process improvement. Meets productivity standards set by the department
8.This position has responsibility for interacting with all levels of staff in a variety of departments, physicians, patients, families, and external contacts such as employees of other health care institutions, community providers and agencies concerning the health care of the patient. Also interacts with the physician offices in order to report, request or clarify information
Must have graduated from an Occupational Therapy Assistant program accredited by the AOTA, or equivalent.
Must possess a current Occupational Therapy Assistant license from the State of practice. BLS certification required.
Relates throughout the interview process their clinical competency, experience, training and education they have received that is required to perform the job
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R6381
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.